Friday, October 3, 2008

No control.

Throughout my entire life I have tried to control everything around me. I have tried to control the small things and the big things of life. I can look back now and see that I really had no control over...anything. For some reason I still try to control things. You would think that looking back on a life of destruction and chaos would show me just how unable I am to control situations. If I had any control along the way then why have I been hurt by people? why was I drug addicted? why am I not free from every one of my flaws or issues? Because I have no control...

I find it weird that I still try. I still freak out when things don't go as planned. I still lack trust in so many areas of my life...

God I thank you that you have been in control. I thank you Father that you have kept me. I thank you for your grace in my life and for the patience that you have extended to me. I ask God that you would teach me how to surrender fully to your will, your plans, and your hand in my life. Father will you remove from me the false sense of control that I have held onto. Father will you teach me how to trust you with everything in this life you have given me. As Proverbs 3 says, let me not lean onto my own understanding but acknowledge you in all ways so that you can direct my path. I thank you Father for the work you are doing in me and I thank you that you love me enough to see these things released from me. You are Holy Father and you are so faithful to complete the work in me. In the name of your Son, Jesus Christ, amen.

(1 Samuel 2:6-9) "The LORD kills and makes alive; He brings down to the grave and brings up. {7} The LORD makes poor and makes rich; He brings low and lifts up. {8} He raises the poor from the dust And lifts the beggar from the ash heap, To set them among princes And make them inherit the throne of glory. "For the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, And He has set the world upon them. {9} He will guard the feet of His saints, But the wicked shall be silent in darkness. "For by strength no man shall prevail.

5 comments:

Robyn said...

He loves you, Wes. You are His baby boy. Always and forever. Trust Him.

He alone is the perfect Father, the perfect guide of our lives. He alone is able to do all the things in which we cannot.

He loves you with an everlasting love.

He sees you as He sees Jesus, beautiful and whole. Walk in the Light, my friend.

:)

JC said...

So crazy isnt it, we as humans were not too be given control because we'd not know to do with it. Until we surrender it will alwys be up and down with us. Love you alot man, keep recognizing His love. Keep spending precious time with our father. You are stong when you become weak. Don't be afraid...

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness God doesnt give us control...

Thats so awesome that He's showing you this! Its so cool that your beggining to understand something (especially at being only 18) that most people will never understand their whole lives. Man, it amazes me how God works. AHHHHH!

Sarah said...

It is so awesome to finally realize that the grip you felt like you had on everything is not even a real grip. When you are comforted by the knowledge that God is in control with everything, you can finally let go and let Him work through you and in you.

Even when things get tough, He is so faithful and good. The best thing you can do with your own will and choice of how things go (though He is always in control), is trust in Him to work complete the good work He has started in you. And He will. Sometimes it just takes time. :)

Robyn said...

God is the answer to every question.

He loves you with an everlasting love!


All the best in 2009! May the love of the Father consume you like never before!

500,000 souls in there! Never forget!

:)